7.1.09

I think I may re-begin this here bloggishness. Not out of absolute desire to, but more a strange, post-information-age desire to retain the continuity and inability to detach myself from the binary world. My previous blog host, based in Moscow, and probably secretly gathering evidence against me for a post-KGB tribunal, laid off half their American work force, and people are fleeing like rats off a sinking ship. Soon the ship itself will probably sink. This is why you don't do business with the Russians. There's a diametric split in Russian worldview in economy: we control it all, or we control nothing. Friendly competition, sharing, and fair labor practices are as esoteric to the land of Siberia as actual Marxist ideology was to the Bolshevik uprising. As a fan of Marx, I say, way to blow it, Lenin. You ruined The Cause.

In any case, I'm here now. I don't expect many readers, or any at all really. I'm still getting the hang of Blogger and it's a little different, at least, from my previous blogging institution. In all, I feel a little dirty, a little sordid. It's like I took a better, competing offer at a large company based in the same building as my old company, and I still see fragments, people, settings, that remind me, and I occasionally feel like a traitor of sorts. Then I remember: it's the Internet. No one cares unless you're a cat on fire forcing two women to eat poo from a cup while some fellow from Sri Lanka impersonates Michael Jackson while reading a poorly-drawn comic strip featuring a growling cat with a eugenics-desiring caption emblazoned at the top of the box.

I am none of those things, so I expect zero resistance or actual guilt.

No comments: